Call for Papers and Posters
Presentations and Posters
Interested parties are invited to submit SUGGESTED titles for Oral Presentations or Posters on topics related to risk-based sampling. Topics can include:
- International collaboration to frame agricultural quarantine policy around Risk Based Sampling;
- Risk Based Sampling concepts and their application in practice;
- Scientific, statistical and operational concepts that support regulatory strategies for Risk Based Sampling;
- Experiences with implementation of ISPMs 23 and 31 and technically justified inspection procedures used in international trade.
- Communication strategies for fostering acceptance of RBS by decision-makers and stakeholders.
Who should attend the Symposium?
- Researchers in the field of inspection risk, risk perception, and risk-based regulatory design
- Agricultural quarantine or exclusion policy managers
- Analysts and statisticians involved in risk analysis work for agricultural exclusion programs
- Trainers and training developers tasked with creating agricultural inspection curriculum
- Inspectors, Front line supervisors, officers, and technicians involved in day-to-day agricultural exclusion activities
- Senior administrative executives and senior policy executives interested in risk-based regulations
- Students interested in pursuit of risk-based regulatory design or risk-based sampling schemes in an agricultural environment
- Trade policy administrators and managers
- Importers, exporters, and brokers involved in international trade
Manual Workshop information
The Symposium presentations are scheduled from Monday through Thursday June 26 - 29. The last day of the symposium, Friday June 30, will be devoted to mapping out a possible manual on Risk Based Sampling, taking into account the information gathered during the Symposium and taking advantage of national and international expertise present at the meeting. Presenters and experts interested in contributing to the development of a manual will be invited to stay an additional day to participate in this work. For more information or if you are interested in participating, contact Robert Griffin () or Christina Devorshak ( ).
- Dates: June 26-30, 2017
- Venue: Baltimore, Maryland, USA (Hilton Baltimore, Inner Harbor)
- Registration opens March 27, 2017 via NAPPO webpage http://www.nappo.org/english/rbs-symposium/
- Simultaneous interpretation in Spanish and English will be provided
- The meeting is limited to 125 participants, including national phytosanitary policy makers, Regional Plant Protection Organizations, Customs, industry, and academia.
- The Symposium has eight sessions and runs from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Thursday.
Official letters of invitation are provided on request by NAPPO.
Confirmed speakers and
NAPPO NPPO participants
REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN
FROM APRIL 29 UNTIL MAY 29 2017.
Personnel seeking to register to attend are subject toAgency conference/ attendance approvals, which must be obtained prior to registration. For more information and prior to proceeding with registration, please contact