Who should attend the Symposium?
- Researchers in the field of inspection risk, risk perception, and risk-based regulatory design
- Agricultural quarantine or exclusion policy managers
- Analysts and statisticians involved in risk analysis work for agricultural exclusion programs
- Trainers and training developers tasked with creating agricultural inspection curriculum
- Inspectors, Frontline supervisors, officers, and technicians involved in day-to-day agricultural exclusion activities
- Senior administrative executives and senior policy executives interested in risk-based regulations
- Students interested in pursuit of risk-based regulatory design or risk-based sampling schemes in an agricultural environment
- Trade policy administrators and managers
- Importers, exporters, and brokers involved in international trade
Manual Workshop information
The Symposium presentations are scheduled from Monday through Thursday June 26 - 29. The last day of the symposium, Friday, June 30, will be devoted to mapping out a possible manual on Risk Based Sampling, taking into account the information gathered during the Symposium and taking advantage of national and international expertise present at the meeting. Presenters and experts interested in contributing to the development of a manual will be invited to stay an additional day to participate in this work. For more information or if you are interested in participating, contact Robert Griffin () or Christina Devorshak ( ).
- Dates: June 26-30, 2017
- Venue: Baltimore, Maryland, USA (Hilton Baltimore, Inner Harbor)
- Registration opens March 27, 2017 via NAPPO webpage http://www.nappo.org/english/rbs-symposium/
- Simultaneous interpretation in Spanish and English will be provided
- The meeting is limited to 125 participants, including national phytosanitary policy makers, Regional Plant Protection Organizations, Customs, industry, and academia.
- The Symposium has eight sessions and runs from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Thursday.
Official letters of invitation are provided on request by NAPPO.